8.06.2006

Change

"Change? Shit, change is good for any of us. Whateva it takes for a n!$*a to get up out the struggle. I ain't mad at cha. Got nuttin' but love for ya. Do your thing boi..." --2Pac

I should have quoted the immortal Tupac Amaru Shakur a lot sooner in this blog. The message of the song lyric (from the amazing Makavelli album) is that change is part of life and sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Well that's what I'm doing. Word.

This past week was a big one for yours truly. Without giving too much away--it is the Internet after all--I have some pretty big life changes around the corner. At this point, they include changing my place of residence and testing the new employment waters. Probably the hardest part of dealing with major change is just making the decision to do it, which I've done, and now it's time to prepare and live with my choices.

Isn't it funny how sometimes not much seems to be happening, and then all of a sudden everything gets turned on its head? I guess when it rains, it pours. I just need to remind myself to take it one thing at a time so I don't get in over my head. (Unintentional song reference to The Fray.) Change is in the air, I can feel it...

KhalilG is a DC-area blogger who is excited about his new life and wants you to be a part of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You quoted the Fray? Jesus.

8/11/2006 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home