6.01.2006

Hiatus

It's been 10+ days since I last logged into this thing, so for my ever-growing readership (I believe it's up to five now) I thought I'd give a quick update of what I've been up to:

-Memorial Day weekend was great...Went as Megan's date to a wedding near H'burg and basically partied w/ a bunch of cows at the reception in the middle of nowhere, VA. I drove her car ('02 LEX) both ways--which I didn't really expect--and was outnumbered by girls 6:1 (no complaints). It got kinda crazy and we stayed at Ron's place in SunChase even though he wasn't there. Megan's a great girl to do stuff like that with--and we were definitely the best-looking couple there!

-Sunday was good, too. My brother is moving out of his place in DC so he and a couple friends came over with a U-Haul and we spent a couple hours moving all his stuff here. A couple other friends of the family came by to chip in and the basement is pretty much packed with crap. Then I went over to Golay's pig roast since he was in town from Florida. Between having an hour-long, serious talk with his mom about "life" stuff to rediscovering my flirting-with-perfection pong skills, it was a great time. Went into the wee hours (I left around 2) and I believe a combination of Ace of Base, LaBouche and old-school Sublime was the music of choice.

-Monday was my big bro's 26th birthday. He spent most of it continuing the massive amounts of moving, but I know he liked my presents and we'll get to see plenty of each other on our trip to Europe. Lots of changes coming in both of our lives. I hope everyone honored the minute of silence for the fallen troops at 3PM on Monday.

-Tuesday: back to work day. It was crazier than usual, as expected, and I mainly had World Cup and NHL playoffs duties to tackle. I came in a little early because I had a one-on-one meeting with the new big boss, which went well. We were cut a little short 'cause of our usual sports editorial team meeting but I left feeling a little better about how he knows me and what my role is. I've kind of been craving some mentorship around the office and he's accomplished many of the things I hope to do in my career...so hopefully I can kind of pick his brain and soak up some of his experience.

-Didn't do a whole lot out of the ordinary on Wednesday...or maybe I did but already forgot. So that brings us to today--just your typical 90-degree day in June in the DC area. Right about now I'm wishing I was at some beach, any beach. Can't believe it's June 1st--2006 is almost halfway over already!?

KhalilG is a DC-area blogger who is coming off a great weekend and looking forward to another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home