5.07.2006

Graduates part deux

6) Lauren Cochenour--Lauren's one of those people you're so glad to have gotten to know because she's just great to be around. We met at Jen Sherry's b'day dinner and somehow she found out I thought she had real nice eyes, haha. Talking every day/night faded once she met somebody (who she'll marry this fall), and I don't regret that, but she's still a great girl with a good heart who deserves the best.

7) Keely Lindstadt--Keely's a fun-loving girl who I met doing concessions at a football game when she was a freshman. A great semi-formal date and mixed doubles partner who knows how to party (even when she loses her cell phone, purse, keys, etc.) She was a crucial part to a great Penn State trip we had when she was too incoherent to notice Evan sucking on her toes, haha. Just one of lots of memories and hopefully more in the future since she starts work in DC in August.

8) Kelly Brown--A good friend who has a completely unique personality. She kind of looks like Kelly McGillis from Top Gun (definitely a compliment), and makes you laugh by making fun of herself. We have lots of pictures together and I know I'll stay in touch with her especially since she's headed to GMU law school in the fall. Don't let the looks fool you--downtown Kelly Brown has the brains to match :)

9) Laurel Thompson--I'm probably more proud of Laurel than anyone else because she's really matured and come into her own over the years. She always knows the right things to say and ask and genuinely cares about people. The sky is really the limit for Laurel and going to UNC for grad school ain't a bad start. She's always looking out for other people and I don't think I've ever heard someone say she dislikes her. Hopefully her and Josh will stay strong cause they're real good for each other.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something horribly wrong when you are writing about people graduating, and the blurbs you write about them read like the descriptions one would see on a Web site offering Russian mail order brides. There's something even worse when you've used the term "shady debauchery". Really sir, is the term "shady" neccessary? Doesn't debauchery, by its own volition, ultimately define itself as relating to something "shady"? And drinking *a* beer does NOT, sir, DOES NOT constitute as behavior that is shady or contributing to debauchery. I see this blog, I read it, and I think, "It's good that he's doing something with his time. Something constructive, something that people around the world can read and enjoy."


Then I wake up, smoke some more glue out of an aluminum can, and go back to sleep.

5/08/2006 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Entry May 8, 10:05 PM

Today I got about around 8.30. I didn't have the usual morning wood, so I hopped in the shower which was warm and relaxing, taking my time to get the bits and pieces, you know. I went to work and I'm waiting on these fucking SWEET ASS sony headphones to bump my shit loud as fuck on, so I had to borrow a pair from a co-worker. It was one of those little pieces of shit where you just put the little Khalil-sized-testicle-shaped thing in your ear to listen to music. But whatever, listened to some SportsTalk980 till 12.30. Got off for lunch and took a dump that took me all day to wipe off. Went back from lunch about 20 min early, got there, surfed the net, tried to avoid doing work but got roped into it anyway. Got off work (i left 10 min early even though i took a half day off on Fri for no reason) and then went home and blazed a fat one. Sat around, read some more of "Lunar Park" by Bret Easton Ellis, the author of "American Psycho" and "The Rules of Attraction". I've read the book for the former (which is 100x better than a pretty decent movie that missed the point somewhat) but not the latter. I chilled, then my boy hollaed at me, then I went by beantown an scooped a sack and went to my orig. boys crib, blazed another dutch and watch prison break which was fuckin insane and gave me the hard-on i missed earlier in the morning. I left after he show, went to hardees and got a burger that shouldnt have had anything but lettuce, tomato and cheese on it but also was supplied with...every topping that comes on the fucking thing. and the thing is, the chick workin there repeated the order back to me. so how do you fuck it up?! anyway, came back and ate it and watched 24, which i thought was somewhat slow and lacking tonight. so now im listenin to music and pullin some bud off a huge stem that reminds me of a certain blog writer's goods - all 2 inches of hard length that is about... 1/16 of an inch around. i got those coors light cans with the cold brew liner, so i might grab one of those to enjoy with my dutchie. other than that, im off to bed. good night va!

5/08/2006 10:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic prose. i just peed myself.

5/11/2006 05:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic prose. i just peed myself.

5/11/2006 05:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

twice

5/11/2006 05:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home